IUI or intrauterine insemination is known as a simple and cost-effective fertility treatment. IUI can be done with or without the use of fertility drugs. The process includes the transfer of specially treated sperm, directly into the uterus by using a thin catheter. IUI is considered an economical, easier way to treat infertility. It uses only minimum fertility drugs. Genesis Fertility Research Center in Erode provides IUI treatment facilities at low cost and with the supervision of an expert team of doctors.
What is Intra-Uterine Insemination?
Intrauterine insemination or artificial insemination is a laboratory process to separate fast and active sperm and insert it into a female’s uterus at the time of ovulation. Intrauterine insemination is planned according to the female menstruation cycle or fertility medications. The success of the process highly depends on the female fertility condition.
Males or females, who are suffering from any of the following conditions need IUI treatment
- Decreased sperm mobility
- Low sperm count
- Cervical mucus problems
- Cervical scar tissue that hinders the sperm’s ability to enter the uterus
- Unexplained infertility
- Ejaculation dysfunction
Who needed Fertility Treatments Other than IUI
IUI is not required for people with
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Any previous pelvic infection
What are the advantages of IUI?
- IUI is the first step of fertility treatment as it is less expensive and less invasive in comparison to other ART treatments such as IVF.
- IUI is best for Couples having male fertility problems as it is easy to conceive by using IUI.
- IUI gives better results for couples having unexplained fertility problems
- IUI allows natural fertilization.
- IUI is a low-risk process as it has very low chances of getting an infection. Fertility drugs are riskier in the IUI process. Sometimes, it shows the risk of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).